The Ultimate Hose Clamp (UHC) is a module hose clamping system designed to be perfectly tailored to your exact hose control needs.
So... how do you know what size the arm should be? It's easy... got a tape measure?
The total distance from the stepper motor to the hose is how the arms are measured. In this picture, we have a lot of stuff behind the machine to get past, so i'm using the XXL arm... or 5". Thus the distance between the stepper and the hose (in order to clear the controller box in on the back of the X-Gantry is 5").
Your needs will vary based on the type of machine you own. Here are a few examples of machines we have tested.
- Onefinity w/Z16 - If you're using a rear or front mounted boot we recommend the XL arm, however if you have a cable chain, pick the XXL arm for your rear mounted boots.
- Shapeoko 3 - If you're using a rear or front mounted boot we recommend the XL arm on a Shapeoko XL or XXL. But if you've got a Standard size, go with the XXL arm towards the rear (pictured) and XL arm front.
- Shapeoko 4 - If you're using a rear or front mounted boot we recommend the XL arm.
- Shapeoko Pro - If you're using a rear or front mounted boot we recommend the XL arm.
- X-Carve - If you're using a rear mounted boot, we'd recommend the XXL arm... but if you're using a front mounted boot, pickup the XL arm.
These recommendations are based on a stock configuration, and any modifications that have been performed need to be taken into account, if relevant.